Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 2 April 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #25

This week's challenge over on CC is for a layout and is being run along with a challenge called Shortcuts. This is part of the post over on CC:

"Sheetload is owned by Alicia the creator of Shortcuts. If you have not seen sheetload I suggest you run not walk to sheetload and download your free copy.

What is sheetload?
quite simply if you are a busy crafter, shortcuts helps you create tons of cards base on a scheme and few sheets.." you need to look into this - it is interesting and you will find all the details over on CC along with the layout.

This is my card:


I used the D'vine Swirls and Stylized Flower Folders along with my MFP to acheive the topper.

I found this a very challenging challenge - but I'm pleased with the end result so it was worth the time and effort. Now for a lay down in a dark room to rest my brain!!! Thanks Cuttlebug Challenges.


10 comments:

Allison said...

lovely use of folders, great card thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Rosemary said...

Ikki, this is so pretty!!..love how you used the embossing folders and pefectly lined up for the flower!!..That wire around the tag is awesome..great touch!! thank you for thaking the challenge at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Mrs J said...

Oooooh ikki, I can't imagine that anything would ever be a challenge to you, lol!!! This is so beautiful and elegant! I love how you have made your 'image' one of the stylized flowers (must get that folder!), you are so clever with the bug! Great take on the sketch and I hope you're recovered now from your lie down! Thanks for joining us again at http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

tina said...

thanks for your inspiring tutorials. love your cards.
tina

tina said...

love your use of folders. thanks for sharing your knowledge
tina

Nathalia Castellon said...

Soooo rich and elegant! Beautiful job, thanks for joining us this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

Amber said...

Ikki your cards are always beautiful:) I especially love this one! All the different embossing looks amazing together.
Amber

Meda said...

Your card is beautiful! I like the way you have isolated one single flower from the cuttlebug folder.
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
Meda

Maggie Lamarre said...

hi Ikki:
where have you been? I've missed ya!
I luv the card and the elegant feel..
Thank you so much for participating at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
You will be featured on April 9th, 2009.
Maggie

Becky G said...

Ikki, this is gorgeous! I love your use of the different folders. So elegant!!!
Thanks for doing the challenge with us.

Hugs~Becky