Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 7 May 2009

Tippy Thursday

Hi, I'm receiving so many questions, and also tips from fellow Cuttlers, that I thought I would start a "Tippy Thursday"! If you have any queries or tips that you would like answered or would like to share - please get in touch with me.

This weeks tips are:

If you are in need of inspiration, or have lost your mojo, there are some fab crafters who like me believe in sharing their work with others, but do remember to give them a mention and link if possible.

Mel McCarthy is one such person. Her work covers many areas of crafting, AND she has a list "100 and counting" ways to use the Cuttlebug. I feel very honoured to have made her list with some of my work, and would suggest you give her a visit.

For another great source of ideas try "Inspirational Tips and Techniques" - you will find the link on my side bar.

A member of the DC forum (Gremlin) passed on this tip. If you have Nestie rectangle dies but want to make a square but don't have the Nestie squares......Cut out your rectangle....then cut it again to make a square.... Neat eh... AND, if you have the squares, but not the rectangles you can do this the other way round. Thanks Sue.

My tip this week covers using the ball embossing pen to increase the definition in embossing, if you have not see this before it's here. Now, to make your pen flow easily round the die, first rub your pen over a candle you will find this works really well.

Bye for now. Don't forget to get in touch with me - I know you have great tips that will be really useful to us all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the tip about cutting a rectangle in half to make a square, so blooming obvious now you've pointed it out,but I hadn't thought of it myself!

Thanks

Jan x

rosie said...

this is an amazing blog. So useful, so creative and so beautiful. one of the best I have seen. Your cards are stunning x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thanks Ikki for your Tippy Thursdays! I can't wait!

That wedding card you have below this post is so elegant and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Miss you at SBS#26...sure hope you'll pop in and join us again soon!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Unknown said...

I'm glad I changed my e-mail address Ikki! By the 'eck, you've gone from strength to strength with your CB blog!! The cards you've done are stunning and the tutes are a godsend. (I will be using them with my Big Shot)!!!
I'll also be putting THIS blog on my sidebar.
Good on yer!!!
Hugs Viv xxx