Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 29 June 2009

Spellbinders Wizard Butterfly Dies

I love working with dark textured cardstock - ideal for that difficult man card!

I started with a tent fold 5.1/2" square card and with my Spellbinders Pierceabilities - Butterfly Die (attached with low tack tape to hold the stencil) cut, embossed and pierce the bottom edge of the card. Depending on the thickness of the card you may have to run this through a couple of times.

For the top border I used a CB Frills border folder and a MFP.

By embossing both the front and back of your cardstock you get a great start to your inside!!!


Your base card now looks like this









Now for my embellishment. Spellbinders Butterfly Dies.
The set consists of 3 dies.


Using silver mirror card embossed with the CB Happy Birthday folder, cut the two smallest dies as shown. I found it impossible to get a decent piccy as you will see!






With the largest and middle make a frame.


Fix the middle die to the card.



Add a 3d pad to the smallest butterfly - place on top. Raise the large butterfly frame with double 3D pads to give a tunnel effect.


My finished card. With using the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder I don't need to add a sentiment.

Hope you like this one - your comments or views are always welcome and much appreciated. Thanks for dropping by - hope you'll come back on Tippy Thursday.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oh my Goodness! This is a simply stunning card. I haven't bought those butterflies yet, but I really think I'm going to have to now. They look fabulous!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely i think i might have to buy those new nestties xx jo xx