Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 5 October 2009

Nestabilities and Mock Layering

In order for me to keep this blog open I will occasionally post a slightly shorter tutorial of a card that features bits and bobs of Die Cuts and CB folders.. This is one such card.

Materials used:
6 x 6 Square Cream Hammer Card
Gold Glimmer Card
CB Folder Stylised Flowers and MFP
2 Nestabilitie square dies
Fiskar Border Punch - Treading Water
See-D's Floral Daisy Stamp


The base card is embossed using the MFP method, which you can check on here.

Punch a stripe of 6 x 3 card and attach over the spine of the card. With a scoreboard emboss lines for texture and added interest. Also punch out a small piece of border for a corner piece.


Now for a bit of mock laying! THIS IS A NEW IDEA!

Cut a square with your die. Leave the cut square in the die
with the cut edge upper most, and emboss the edge with
an embossing pen.

Remove cut square from the first die and tape a smaller die to the front of the embossed square with the cut side down. Turn over, find
the inside rim of the die and emboss as before.









When you remove the die this is the embossing you have made.
You can then just add an embellishment, or a stamped image on
another mat as I have done.









I love this little daisy stamp which I decoupaged and also used on the inside of the card.












The finished card.

The effect you get is well worth the effort!

I love finding new ways to use the Dies - if you have any to share, I'd be real pleased to hear from you.

My next post will be on Thursday , 8th October.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea, thanks for sharing it

Ruth said...

I love this idea and will give it a try.Thanks for taking the time to share these tips.I do appreciate it even though I'm always rushing around,Ruth x
PS I've tried the partial embossing and can't master it at all!

Merry said...

This looks wonderful will definetly give this a try in the next couple of days. Thanks heaps.

PinksyDoodles said...

What a great idea, this looks very effective.
Clare x

Sue said...

Hi Ikki I really like the ideas in your post today. Thank you so much for sharing them with us, it is a real help to producing interesting cards.

Sue

Chrissie said...

This is a really cool idea. What an inventive lady you are Ikki!
I'll certainly be having a go at this one!
Chrissie

Kraftychick said...

Oh I can't wait to try this technique - thanks so much for sharing your tips! They really help us "creative challenged" scrappers!

jackie

mrs ann said...

Fantastic tutorial thanks for sharing you work.X

mrs ann said...

Thanks for sharing your work with us,this tutorial is fantastic. Annx