Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 1 October 2009

Tippy Thursday - Heat mats

It's great to go out and buy crafting goodies like stamps, papers (my downfall), embellishments, etc., etc., but never overlook your crafting tools - they never outdate and you definitely need and use them all the time.

On the market you can buy heat resistant mats for your crafting, they are undoubtedly a good aid in your craft room, but did you know that the same type of mat is also sold for use in the kitchen. A few years ago when I was a WW leader, a client bought me one of these mats after I'd done a demo on cooking fatless chips in the oven! It was a Lakeland product and unfortunately I cut it in half to go on a tray, but luckily kept the other half! Guess where this is now.... yep,it's in my craft room. These heat resistant mats are very useful when heat embossing and definitly save your surfaces getting damage, any marks of ink or melted bits of embossing powder clean off easily. You can also use them as a paint palette. Indeed a multi purpose mat - you can even cook your chips on it!

My next post will be on Monday, 5th October.
Happy crafting, or cooking.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Yes, great tip. They have them in Sainsburys for about £3, much cheaper than the 'craft' ones.
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

I bet you are glad you saved the heat mat us crafters are so savvy xx jo x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Ikki
great tips thaks
hugs
sylvie
x

Chrissie said...

I'll have to have a look at Lakeland online.
Another great idea Ikki!
Chrissie