Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 31 January 2011

Cuttlebug, Joy Trouvaille news and Lines

Well I watched, correction started to watch the Cuttlebug programme, but it was such a dreadful demo that I switched off!  The new bug just doesn't do it for me!!  Again it seemed unstable and moved about when used - it doesn't have the weight or the feet as the old Bug, I wonder if that's why?  Interesting!

News on the JT is that the manufacturers of the machine have been informed, but unfortunately they are unavailable due to a trade show so I still have my broken machine and have to wait.  Not the ideal situation!
Still I'm assured it is in hand!!

This is the card that I showed you last week - now with a few further adorements...


These were cut with a crealie die

The shaped base card and the mats were cut from the Diamond Eazi Box but you will notice I have embossed a line round the edge.  This I did on the Eazi Scoreboad.....

You use the two close lines, line up one edge and score down the other

just before you reach the edge, keep the stylus in the groove, then pivot the paper and line up again

                                                        and continue round your shape.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello ikki, just got to agree with you about that demo - not good at all - and I don't like the new V2 either. I purchased mine, the teal blue/off white version, just towards the end of last year so it is hardly old and I love it. It's a sturdy wee machine which does the job beautifully. And talking of beautiful, your card is lovely and I appreciate the clear instructions on how to emboss the line - will be giving that a try. Thanks, Elizabeth x

Suze Bain said...

Totally agree about the demo. I switched off and went to Tesco! Love the flowers on your card.

Kathleen said...

agree with you re the new c/bug. lots of people seem to be struggling with the new handle. it should lock in place when you turn it round, but it looks like it's trying to turn bsck round.

anyway - love this card. love the colours and the papers. very stylish!

it is my intention to get more use out of my c/bug emb folders this yr so i'm sure i'll be visiting much more often to get some ideas!!!

kathleen mc xx

tracy said...

love the shape of this card, must give it a go, just checked my groovy duo board and it has two lines close together.
hope you get your jt sorted soon, i was very interested in seeing how you got on with it. beginning to doubt if it will be a wise purchase

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the beautiful card- how wonderfully embellished!

Kathleen said...

should have added this before

there's an award for you over on my blog here.

kathleen mc xxx

jordiegirl said...

Hi Ikki

Another interesting post from you.

I don't own a Cuttlebug, I have the Double Do XL which is supposed to adhere to the work top too by pressing down a little lever but I find it always moves on my kitchen worktop. I now don't bother to stick it down as I feel it's a waste of time. I can still emboss and cut with it no problem and after all I keep my hand on the handle at the top whilst winding the handle so it's kept still that way. The Double Do XL is quite a weighty machine, I imagine the Cuttlebug is fairly lightweight from what they say on the demos.

I watch Cuttlebug demos just to get ideas and inspiration and see the new folders. However, even when they first showed the V2 I had my doubts about the fold away handle and the way it didn't stay adhered to the worktop. Presenter made an excuse about it being their counter this morning and that he found it adhered better to a wooden table! I also noticed how the handle seemed to have a life of its own and wanted to fold back up - I think that would drive me crazy.

I am so pleased I found your blog as there is always something interesting on here.

craftimamma said...

Sorry you're no further forward with your new machine Ikki. Do hope you get a favourable response very soon.

As for the card, it's a stunner. I love those papers too and they look familiar. Any chance they are Laura Ashley?

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sally H said...

Such a beautiful card, Ikki. I love my old cuttlebug, and having heard a few reports about the new one, I'm going to really look after it! Hope you get your Joy from JT manufacturers soon

J said...

If they were going to do a new Bug, I think they should have considered just widening the opening so you could get the normal sized folders through it "side on". It really frustrates me when I want to emboss just the bottom of an A5 portrait card because I've never managed to do it successfully - I always have to emboss the same colour card and stick it on!

Aquarius said...

Love this card and thanks for the tip about embossing the lines. Shame about your new machine and hope it gets sorted soon. Yesterday's bug show was a waste of space.

Karen said...

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your JT. I had one for Christmas and after two weeks I had a problem which was obviously something to do with the gearing mechanism. The lovely Liz, out of the kindness of her heart, actually sent me a new machine which, so far, is behaving itself. It is interesting to note that neither Joy nor Crafts Too were at all interested in any problems and wouldn't agree to send new machines!! Also Once Upon a Stamp - who were the first people in the UK to stock this machine - have now stopped selling it!!! I do hope you get some positive news from Joy very soon. I am absolutely delighted with my machine and the suction on it is great.

Fantastic card - thanks for such clear instructions. Your blog is an inspiration. Thanks Ikki.

Kathleen said...

just uploaded a card inspired by yours here

without realizing, i picked the same 2 papers out of the pack!!!

kathleen mc xxx