Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Saturday 9 April 2011

Chocolate Baroque Teeny Weeny Meadow and Nestabilities - Mega Rectangles

I have another of my DT cards to show you today from the recently released Teeny Weeny Meadow stamp plate.  When I received my DT package from Glenda way back in January, I found so much I could do with them and also how well they combined with the Artylicious CD Esssence of Nature. 

Materials used:  6" x 6" card, blue & white cardstock
CB Stamps: Teeny Weeny Meadow (UA6GW0349)
EI Stamp: Sentiment - Essence of Nature (UA4SP0339)
Arytlicious CD Essence of Nature
Nestabilies: Grand Squares, Mega Rectangles
Distress inks, ribbon, dragonfly charm

  By cutting two or three of the mega rectangles it is possible to make a book embellishment. 
To make the pages curl - score 2 slightly apart lines down the centre of the cut, and fold  inwards, then  use an embossing stylus or similar to curl the edges backwards.  Use a ribbon to cover the centre lines in the manner of a bookmark.    The mini stamps were ideal for printing on the pages.
I was pleased with this effect and although unusual, I loved my blue trees!

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is so pretty - I love the blue trees and the book idea is brilliant. I might just make a variation!!

Merry said...

What a terrific card....love the little book you have created...very clever.

Julia Dunnit said...

Quite lovely Ikki, almost etheral.

Gina said...

This is lovely Ikki. I've just bought those stamps from CB and this looks a fabulous way to use them.
Gina x

LizM said...

Ikki - this is beautiful! Such a soft & dreamy card - I love the colours & the little book (those curved rectangle nesties are fab, aren't they?)& the gorgeous dragonfly charm is a perfect finishing touch. Lovely.
Liz M x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Eileen! x

Pamela said...

I'm loving what you've been creating with the new Chocolate Baroque stamps - keep up the good work!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, thlose teeny weeny stamps are fab!
Claire xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is very, very special. I love the little book and also the colours. Fabulous Ikki.
Gr. Marja

veronica said...

really lovely Ikki - especially like the little book, hope you don't mind if i copy the idea

CraftyJo said...

I am - once more - inspired to run upstairs and copy this great idea. I love that little 'book'. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

The book embellishment is a really good idea. Just love those little tress!
Julie W xxx

Lynn W. said...

The Teeny Weeny Meadow stamps look so useful and you have showcased them beautifully.

Lynn W

Dragonlady said...

This is super, love the colours and the images are fabulous.

Hugs Ali x

anita01 said...

Schitterend mooi en zo...puur!

Warme gr. Anita.

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the idea of these teeny weeny stamps for a mini book as you have shown. Brilliant the way you've kept the papers of the book in harmony with the main card panel too.
Paula (PEP)

Lynne said...

This is gorgeous, I'm going to have a go myself. I hope I can get that lovely soft feel about the colours as you have managed to do x

Karen said...

Wow - this is amazing Ikki - I've just bought set of 4 mini stamp plates including this one. This is such a great idea and it's stunning to look at. Love the colours.